Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (xxxx.sys): System Service Exception blue screen of death (BSOD) error is most likely to occur if you have upgraded your Windows recently. And the second most likely cause of this error is outdated or corrupt drivers of your Windows installation.
Our one goal in this post is that we are going to fix the various types of the blue screen of death errors which can occur because of SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. But before moving any further I would like to assume that you have already been through my other post Fix System Service Exception Error Windows 10. If not then please try all the method listed in that post and then only continue here.
Note: Before making any changes to your system it is recommended that you create a system restore point.
Table of Contents
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgkrnl.sys) BSOD in Windows10
- Download the latest Nvidia drivers
- Turn off Nvidia Surround
- Disable SLI
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgmms2.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
The issue occurs because of memory corruption occurring in the DirectX memory manager for WDDM 2.0 drivers.
- Run Driver Verifier
- Update DirectX
- Rollback to previous Graphic Card Driver
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (netio.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
This crash is related to your AVG or other Antivirus program.
- Uninstall or temporary disable your Antivirus program.
- Uninstall NVIDIA Graphic Card Drivers
- Uninstall NVIDIA Network Access Manager program
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) or stop 0x3b BSOD in Windows 10
There can be two issues regarding this error, first being the RAM installed in the wrong slot which can cause the Blue Screen of Death error. The second one can be related to the Graphic Card drivers or temporary removing the graphic card from the slot can also solve this issue. The stop error 3b is usually related to graphic card drivers but it can also occur because of antivirus, security programs, and even memory mapping.
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
- Remove Intel Rapid Storage Technology applications.
- Update the Realtek audio drivers
- Uninstall everything related to AMD or NVIDIA and only reinstall from their respective website.
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (atikmdag.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
- Download and install the latest graphic driver.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename atikmdag.sys to atikmdag.sys.old.
- Go to ATI directory C:\ATI and find the file atikmdag.sy_.
- Now copy the atikmdag.sy_ file and paste it on your desktop.
- Press Windows Key + X and then open Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following command in the cmd and hit enter after each one:
expand.exe atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys
If above doesn’t work type this: expand -r atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys
- When the above expansion process is complete, copy the new atikmdag.sys from your desktop to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers.
- Reboot your PC and this should fix the issue.
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (cdd.dll) BSOD in Windows 10
If you have just upgraded your Windows and installed a new graphic card driver then you will need to roll back your drivers (Graphic).
cdd.dll = Windows Canonical Display Driver. (it is an old bug)
- Remove virtual clone drive or any other software like that.
- Check that you have Direct X up to date
- Uninstall Graphic Drivers
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (etd.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
ETD.sy = ELAN PS/2 Port Smart Pad Driver
Go to this link and then enter your laptop model number. Download and install the latest ELAN Touchpad Driver(Elan touchpad driver).
This issue can also be related to ATHRX.sys Extensible Wireless LAN device driver from Atheros Communications, Inc. A simple reinstall to the latest driver available would fix the issue.
I would also update these drivers (If you have them in your system).
ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY Driver
LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY
Intel Management Engine Interface
ELAN PS/2 Port Smart Pad
Atheros network adapter driver
- Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Alcohol 120% and Virtual Clone Drive.
- Completely remove NDIS Driver from Realtek Semiconductor Corporation and then install the latest driver available.
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (fltmgr.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
- Run System File Checker
- Update latest Graphic drivers
- Download and install drivers
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (igdkmd64.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
- If you have ZoneAlarm, or Lucidlogix Virtu MVP GPU then uninstall them.
- Use a System Restore to revert back to your old working system.
- If you have a discrete GPU, disable Intel’s integrated one.
- Use Windows’ Force Update to update the drivers for Windows 10: In cmd type this wuauclt.exe /updatenow
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (iastor.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ks.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
The Windows 10 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ks.sys) error can be caused by old drivers, antivirus software or CloneDrive.
- Uninstall Skype
- Uninstall HP’s device drivers
- Rollback display driver
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (mfehidk.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
This error can be caused by outdated, corrupted or incorrectly configured McAfee antivirus program. Mfehidk.sys is a system process that runs in the computer background and maintains the host intrusion detection system for McAfee Antivirus.
- Using your Windows Installation disc boot to repair options and open command prompt. Then type the following command in the cmd:
- Rename C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\mfehidk.sys mfehidk.bak
- Exit command prompt and reboot your PC normally.
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntfs.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
- If using Windows 10, remove BitDefender and Webroot
- Run windows updates if you are not able to update, use safe mode to open cmd and type this: wuauclt.exe /updatenow
- Uninstall Virtual CloneDrive
- Run CHKDSK and sfc /scannow
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (nvlddmkm.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
- Uninstall NVIDIA drivers and use only pre-installed or default drivers.
- This is a driver issue or a damaged GPU using safe mode open cmd and type this: dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Update Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
- Update bios
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (rtkvhd64.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
The RTKVAC64.SYS is related to the Realtek audio driver, so to fix the issue uninstall and then install the latest version of the driver.
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (symefa64.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
- Norton Antivirus installation has either been corrupted or has a conflict with other software on your system.
- Disable Norton products and or update drivers or reinstall your antivirus through safe mode.
- Make sure you are not using Windows Defender with your Norton antivirus.
Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (tcpip.sys) BSOD in Windows 10
- TCPIP.sys is a networking component. So the most likely cause of this error is an old Network driver. So the only solution is going to your manufacturer’s website and update the Network drivers.
- Download and install Intel driver update utility.
- Sometime tcpip.sys crash is related to AVG installation. So the only solution is to uninstalled AVG and install any other antivirus software.
Well like many other good things this post has finally come to an end but if you still have queries regarding this post feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.