- 1 SSL connection error fix:
- 1.0.1 1) Your connection is not private
- 1.0.2 2) Your Connection in Not Private, with NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
- 1.0.3 3) Your Connection in Not Private, with ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
- 1.0.4 4)This webpage has a redirect loop or ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
- 1.0.5 5) Your clock is behind or Your clock is ahead or Net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
- 1.0.6 6)Server has a weak ephemeral Diffie-Hellman public key or ERR_SSL_WEAK_EPHEMERAL_DH_KEY
- 1.0.7 7)This webpage is not available or ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Fix SSL Connection Error in Google Chrome: A website you’re trying to view might use SSL (secure socket layer) to keep any information you enter on their pages private and secure. Secure Socket Layer is an Industry standard used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers. All browsers have default inbuilt certificate list of various SSL’s. Any mismatch in the certificates causes SSL Connection Error in the browser.
There is a default list of various SSL Certificates in all the modern browsers including Google Chrome. Browser will go and verify SSL connection of the website with that list and if there is any mismatching, it will blow an error message. The same story is prevailing in SSL connection error in Google Chrome.
Reasons for SSL Connection error:
- Your connection is not private
- Your connection is not private with ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
- Your conection is not private with NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
- This webpage has a redirect loop or ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
- Your clock is behind or Your clock is ahead or Net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
- Server has a weak ephemeral Diffie-Hellman public key or ERR_SSL_WEAK_EPHEMERAL_DH_KEY
- This webpage is not available or ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
NOTE: If you want to fix SSL certificate error see here.
SSL connection error fix:
1) Your connection is not private
Your Connection is Not Private error appears because of the SSL error. SSL (secure sockets layer) is used by the Websites to keep all the information you enter on their pages private and secure. If you are getting the SSL error in Google chrome browser, it means your Internet connection or your computer is preventing Chrome from loading the page securely and privately.
See here how to fix your connection is not private error.
2) Your Connection in Not Private, with NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
If the certificate authority of that website’s SSL Certificate isn’t valid or the website is using self-signed SSL certificate, then chrome will show error as “NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID”; As per CA/B forum rule, the certificate authority should be the member of CA/B forum and its source will also be inside chrome as trusted CA.
To solve this error, contact the website administrator and ask him to install SSL of a valid Certificate Authority.
3) Your Connection in Not Private, with ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
Google chrome show “ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID” error as a result of the common name user have entered isn’t matched with the particular common name of the SSL Certificate. For instance, if a user tries to access www.google.com however the SSL certificate is for google.com then Chrome can show this error.
To get rid of this error, user should enter the correct common name.
4)This webpage has a redirect loop or ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
You’ll see this error when Chrome stops because the page tried to redirect you too many times. Sometimes, cookies can cause pages to not open properly hence redirecting too many times.
To fix the error, trying clearing your cookies:
- Open “Settings” in Google Chrome then click on “Advanced settings.”
- In the “Privacy” section, click Content settings.
- Under “Cookies,” click All cookies and site data.
- To delete all cookies, click Remove all and to delete a specific cookie, hover over a site, then click the that appears to the right.
5) Your clock is behind or Your clock is ahead or Net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
You’ll see this error if your computer or mobile device’s date and time are inaccurate. To fix the error, open your device’s clock and make sure the time and date are correct.
See here how to fix your computer date and time.
6)Server has a weak ephemeral Diffie-Hellman public key or ERR_SSL_WEAK_EPHEMERAL_DH_KEY
Google Chrome will show this error if you try to go to a website that has outdated security code. Chrome protects your privacy by not letting you connect to these sites.
If you own this website, try updating your server to support ECDHE (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman) and turn off DHE (Ephemeral Diffie-Hellman). If ECDHE is unavailable, you can turn off all DHE cipher suites and use plain RSA.
7)This webpage is not available or ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Google Chrome will show this error if you’re trying to go to a website that has outdated security code. Chrome protects your privacy by not letting you connect to these sites.
If you own this website, try to set your server to use TLS 1.2 and TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, instead of RC4. RC4 is no longer considered secure. If you can’t turn off RC4, make sure that other non-RC4 ciphers are turned on.
That’s all the possible explanation for SSL Connection Error in Google Chrome and their fixes, i hope your problem is fixed by now. But if you still have any question regarding anything related to this post please feel free to ask in the comment section.