How to disable thumbnail previews in windows 10 / 8.1 / 7
Thumbnails are reduced-size versions of pictures, used to help in recognizing and organizing them, serving the same role for images as a normal text index does for words. In the age of digital images, visual search engines and image-organizing programs normally use thumbnails, as do most modern operating systems or desktop environments, such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X etc.
But sometimes these thumbnail cause problems which might get very irritating so in this guide we are going to discuss how to disable thumbnail previews permanently in windows 10 / 8.1 / 7.
How to disable thumbnail previews:
- Go to My computer or This PC and then click on view.
- Inside the view menu click on options and then select “Change folder and search options.”
- Inside folder options again click on the view tab.
- Tick mark the option “Always show icons, never thumbnails.”
- That’s it you have successfully disabled thumbnails and now you will see something like this:
Disabling thumbnails helps in improving the performance of the system and if there’s a lot of thumbnails in a folder, it takes time to load each one.Disabling thumbnails on an older/slow computer is a good idea as it helps you navigate through OS more quickly.
Latest posts by adityafarrad (see all)
- Fix Error Code 2755 Windows Installer - March 26, 2017
- Fix Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19) - March 25, 2017
- Fix Error Code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 - March 24, 2017