Server’s certificate does not match the URL NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID: Google chrome show “ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID” error as a result of the common name user have entered isn’t matched with the particular common name of the SSL Certificate. For instance, if a user tries to access www.google.com however the SSL certificate is for google.com then Chrome will show Server’s certificate does not match the URL error.
Server’s certificate does not match the URL Fix
Method 1: Turn off your Antivirus
Sometime antivirus have a feature called HTTPS protection or scanning which doesn’t let Google Chrome to provide default security which in turn causes this error.
To fix the problem, try turning off your antivirus software. If the webpage works after turning off the software, turn off this software when you use secure sites. Remember to turn your antivirus program back on when you’re done. And after that disable HTTPS scanning.
Method 2: Flush DNS
- Open Command prompt with admin rights.
- Then enter this command: ipconfig /flushdns
Method 3: Use Google’s DNS servers.
- Right click on network icon and open Network and Sharing Center.
- From there click on Change adapter settings in top left corner.
- Now on your WiFi right click and select Properties.
- From configuration select IPv4 and click Properties.
- Check the box “Use the following DNS server addresses.“
- Enter these settings accordingly: 188.8.131.52 as preferred DNS server and 184.108.40.206 as alternative DNS
- Restart your PC.
Method 4: Edit your hosts file
- Go to the following location: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
- Open hosts file with notepad.
NOTE: You have to take ownership of the file before you can do any changes: http://troubleshooter.xyz/fix-destination-folder-access-denied-error/
- Remove any entry which is related to the website you are not able to access.
If nothing worked out so far you could also try:
That’s it i hope you have successfully fixed Chromes error Server’s certificate does not match the URL NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID. If you still have any queries feel free to ask them in comments.
Latest posts by adityafarrad (see all)
- Fix Boot Configuration Data File is missing some required information - April 13, 2017
- Fix Your PC needs to be repaired error - March 28, 2017
- Fix Windows Store Error The Server Stumbled - March 27, 2017