How to fix “Your Connection is Not Private” Error in Chrome
Your Connection is Not Private or Net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID error appears because of the SSL error. SSL (secure sockets layer) is used by the Websites to keep all the information you enter on their pages private and secure. If you are getting the SSL error Net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID in Google chrome browser, it means your Internet connection or your computer is preventing Chrome from loading the page securely and privately.
I have run into this error many times, and in nearly every case it’s due to incorrect clock setting. The TLS specification considers the connection invalid if the end points don’t have their clocks set to nearly the same time. It doesn’t have to be the correct time, but they have to agree.
Your connection is not private error (NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID) is the most common error your are going to face in google chrome, so let’s see what’s it all about.
Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.co.in (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
Your clock is behind A private connection to www.google.co.in can't be established because your computer's date and time (Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 5:53:55 PM) are incorrect. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
Solution: How to fix your connection is not private (NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID)
Method 1: Fixing date and time of your computer
Don’t worry, this can be fixed in matter of seconds:
- Click on the date and time on the taskbar.
- After that click on “Date and time settings.”
- If you have windows 10 then make “Set time automatically” to “On.”
- For other user when you will click on “Date and time settings” a new windows will open and from there go to the tab “Internet Time.”
- Click on “Change settings” and tick mark on “Synchronize with an Internet time server” and inside server select “time.windows.com” after that click on update now and then OK.
- Restart chrome.
Method 2: Clear browsing data in Google Chrome
Sometimes cleaning the browser’s cache and history may help, so lets try this also.
- Open google chrome then click on settings and then on show advanced settings.
- Click on clear browsing data under privacy.
Method 3: Turning off SSL or HTTPS scanning in Antivirus software
- In Bit-defender antivirus software go to settings.
- Now from there, click on Privacy Control and then go to Anti-phishing tab.
- In Anti-phishing tab, turn OFF the Scan SSL.
- Restart your computer.
Method 4: Ignoring the error and proceeding to the website
The last resort is proceeding to the website but only do this if you are sure that the website you are attempting to login is secured.
- In google chrome go the website that is giving the error.
- To proceed, firstly click on the “Advanced” link.
- After that select “Proceed to www.google.com (unsafe)”.
That’s it you have successfully fixed your connection is not private error and you must be able to use google chrome without any problem. If you still have any queries regarding this post feel free to ask them in comments.
Latest posts by adityafarrad (see all)
- Fix Error Code 2755 Windows Installer - March 26, 2017
- Fix Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19) - March 25, 2017
- Fix Error Code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 - March 24, 2017