How to fix WiFi connected but no internet connection access
How to fix WiFi connected but no internet connection access: Your PC is connected to internet but have no access to internet is a pretty common problem that everyone faces sometimes in their lives. The question is why this error haunts you? I mean when everything was working perfectly then why suddenly you have to face this error?
Well, let’s just say there are a lot of perimeters which can cause such a problem, first being software updates or new installation which might change the registry value. Sometimes your PC can’t obtain IP or DNS address automatically while it can also be a driver issue but don’t worry because in all of these cases its a pretty fixable issue so without wasting any time lets see how to fix “WiFi connected but no internet connection access” issue.
WiFi connected but no internet connection access fix:
Method 1: Uninstall Wireless drivers
- Press Windows key + R, then type “devmgmt.msc” and hit enter to open device manager.
- Expand Network adapters and right-click on Wireless network card.
- Select Uninstall, if asked for confirmation select yes
- After uninstallation is complete click Action and then select ‘Scan for hardware changes.‘
- The device manager will automatically install the wireless drivers.
- Now look for a wireless network and establish a connection.
- Open Network and Sharing Center and then click on ‘Change adapter settings.‘
- Finally right click on Wi-Fi and select Disable.
- After few minutes again Enable it.
- Now right click on network icon and select ‘Troubleshoot Problems.‘
- Let troubleshooter automatically fix the issue.
- Reboot to apply changes.
Method 2: Obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically
- Right click on Network icon and select ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.‘
- Now click on your connection i.e. the wireless network to which you are connected to.
- In Wi-Fi status window click on ‘Properties.‘
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- In General tab, tick on Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- Reboot your PC.
Method 3: Try resetting TCP/IP or Winsock
- Right click on Windows button and select “Command Prompt(Admin).“
- Now type the following command one by one and hit enter:
a)netsh winsock reset b)netsh int ip reset c)ipconfig /release d)ipconfig /renew e)ipconfig /flushdns
- Reboot to apply changes.
Method 4: Enable WiFi from BIOS
Sometimes none of above will be useful because the wireless adapter has been disabled from BIOS, in this case, you need to enter BIOS and set it as default, then log in again and go to “Windows Mobility Center” through Control Panel and you can turn the wireless adapter ON/OFF.
- Press Windows key + R then type “regedit” and hit enter.
- In Registry go to the following key:
- Search for the key “EnableActiveProbing” and set its value to 1.
- Finally, reboot and then check if the problem persist or not.
Method 6: Automatically detect proxy settings
- In Windows search box type “internet properties” or “internet options” and click to open it.
- Now go to Connections tab and then click on LAN settings.
- Make sure that “Automatically detect settings” is checked and “Use a proxy server for LAN” is unchecked.
- Click OK and then click apply.
- Finally Reboot your PC.
Method 7:Remove bonjour services
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Bonjour
- Rename the mdnsNSP.dll file in that folder to mdnsNSP.old
- Restart your computer
- Try uninstalling Bonjour and then delete the Bonjour folder.
- Restart to apply changes.
Method 8: Malwarebytes and Clean boot
- Download, then install Malwarebytes from here.
- Run Antimalware and follow on screen instructions.
- Press Windows key + R then type msconfig and hit enter to open system configuration settings.
- Select Boot tab then tick Safe boot with Network under Boot options.
- Click Apply followed by OK.
- Finally, in safe boot try to check your internet connection if working, Refresh or Reset your PC.
Recommended for you:
That’s it you have successfully fixed WiFi connected but no internet connection access, so go on enjoy your internet again.
Latest posts by adityafarrad (see all)
- Fix Interrupt Exception not handled error Windows 10 - January 18, 2017
- Fix Class Not Registered error Windows 10 - January 16, 2017
- Fix CRITICAL PROCESS DIED in Windows 10 - January 16, 2017